Sunday, May 30, 2010

Rhubarb Muffins!




These are by far the best and healthiest rhubarb muffins you will ever eat! I could eat them all!

Recipe: Rhubarb Muffins

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup salad oil ( I used grape seed oil)
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups chopped rhubarb (I added more, I like lots!)
1/2 cup pecan peices (these are optional)
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

topping: This can be varied. I like lots of topping so I make extra
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Grease 24 medium-sized muffin tins
  2. In a large bowl combine brown sugar, oil, egg and vanilla
  3. Beat until its well mixed and nice and smooth
  4. Stir in buttermilk, rhubarb and pecans(optional remember)
  5. In another bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
  6. Add this mixture all at once to the rhubarb mixture and stir until well combined and everything is moistened. DONT over mix!
  7. Fill prepared muffin tins 3/4 way full with batter. I use the old two spoon trick
  8. Quickly combine topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of batter in each muffin cup
  9. Bake in preheated oven on the middle rack for 15-20 minutes.
There you go!
The best rhubarb muffins you will ever have, that wont give you muffin tops.

xoxo
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. 2 quick questions....
    1. whole wheat = whole wheat flour?
    2. 1/3 brown sugar = 1/3 Tbsp, 1/3 tsp, or 1/3 cup???? I'm going with 1/3 cup -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, looks like I made a few typo's. But you've got the measurements right and whole wheat is whole wheate flour. Do let me know if threre are anyother questions :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :) You are so sweet!