Monday, August 9, 2010

reasons why I love vintage!


for many people vintage things are old, scratched, and not always in prime condition as well as not always working. So why do I love vintage SO much? Well everything has a story.
camera's are something I love the most. Cameras have helped make memories and they have seen things many years ago, and its almost like when you look through them, you are looking through the first persons eyes.
Clothing on the other side, dresses in particular, also have a story. I like to think about what people have accomplished and what they too have seen in these dresses, and the fact that how one dress can make someone feel so confident. Maybe putting this dress on you can feel that same feeling.
typewriters have helped people create words to people to express their feelings. And they are very pretty not to mention! :)
everything has a story, whats yours?
xoxo
Lauren

4 comments:

  1. its okay no one has voted yet. Resend it to me please, I never got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for vintage, though the most important thing for me is that those old things still have to work. That's true for almost all of my old cameras and I don't buy a new one before I've shot a film with the latest one.

    Besides cameras: Furniture, carpets and kitchen inventory. I don't think you could buy a brand-new cut-off fork that's been made to roll thin layers of butter into beautiful horns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vintage so much especially cameras I have a whole collection that is always growing and only about half of them work the other half just sit there and look cute. I have a honeywell pentax and it takes amazing pictures that are a million times better than what my new digital camera takes, it just captures light beautifully, getting a vintage camera always seems to lead to an adventure and its always so fun to get the film developed and see how the pictures turned out

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love vintage also:) and I also love your blog. I am following.

    Katelyn

    Http://www.theworldisapearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :) You are so sweet!