Friday, November 5, 2010

Bloggers Bash: Dreaming of a Handmade Christmas by Natalie from Whipped Cream on Top

Now that Halloween is behind us, it feels like we have truly entered the holiday season. I typically wait until after Thanksgiving to start my holiday shopping, but this year I am hoping to create more of my gifts for my girlfriends instead of purchasing them. This will allow myself to personalize them for each lovely recipient without over spending!

I have been collecting tutorials found throughout the blogosphere of fun things to make as gifts for a while now, and thought I'd share them with you!

 You can create this flowery broach using the tutorial found here at Lu Bird Baby.

Isn't this pleated pouch to die for? This would be great for a night out. Make it for the lovelies in your life using this tutorial found on A Lemon Squeezy Home.

Cozy scarves are the perfect accessories for these chilly winter months. Make this cute number from Make It and Love It using Ashley's simple tutorial found here.

I love this anthro-inspired neckalce. I actually made one for a co-workers birthday a couple of weeks ago and it was super easy to make and had great results! You can find the tutorial here at Blue Cricket Design.

I haven't even sewn with leather before, but this Dainty Leather Clutch definitely warrants an excuse to try it out! I think using some nice vinyl would work well too. Also, I can never get enough of huge buttons! Find the step-by-step instructions here with Christie at A Lemon Squeezy Home.

 How cute is this little owl plushie from Fiskars? If you have any little ones in your life, I am sure they would love one of these! Check out the tutorial here.

New mommies would love a little gift bag filled with these darling baby head bands. Throw in a few fabric flowers and bows to clip on and you are set! Find the simple tutorial here from Craftiness Is Not Optional.


Last but not least make this super cute anthro-inspired scarf over at Sewing In No Man's Land using Kelly's tutorial here.

I hope I have given you some fun gift ideas for all the gals in your life! 
Happy handmade Christmas!

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :) You are so sweet!