Sunday, November 7, 2010

DIY SUNDAY: Cassette Tape Decor

hi everyone, so for this weeks tutorial its all about cassette tapes! I love the look of how retro and funky cassettes are, but they all seem to be pretty boring and colorless. So lets add our own color.
You'll need: Paint, Cassette Tapes, Sharpies, some wall Nails, Tape and a Paint Brush
1: With your tape, tape off an area. Unless you have a really steady hand, and aren't a perfectionist like me!
2: Then paint it with a color of your choice!
3: Continue, with the rest of your cassettes.
4: Next you'll want to paint the backs of your cassettes, that way you can switch the design regularly.
5: With your sharpies, get creative and design what ever the heck you like. i love woodgrain!
 
Then with your nails, put two directly under and over each cassette. And there you go! sorry for the bad quality photo!
XOXO
L
what do you think about red hair? I would get it more on the brown side, but still.
if you make this, let me know in the comments below, I'd love the see pictures!


8 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Its looks like so much fun! Now I have to go find some cassette tapes.

    I absolutely love the red hair!! Red hair is so much fun! You are beautiful as always.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm offering a christmas gift to you and any other bloggers or Etsy sellers. I'm giving away one week of free sponsorship on my blog and all I ask in return is that you do a little blog post about it on your blog. I'm doing this until the end of December, let me know if your interested :) your welcome to advertise either your blog or your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE LOVE LOVE this! i was literally in a thrift store two days ago and found some old tapes for 10 cents each! when i played them, they turned out to be ruined, but thanks to you, i now have a way to use them! thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome idea Lauren! I featured it in my make it monday post. :)
    http://punkprojects.blogspot.com/2010/11/make-it-monday_08.html

    btw, your new hair color is lovely! My sister has naturally red hair.
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. no!! not Dionne Warwick!! She's a must-save. Classic <3 Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! But why not hang it from the inner circles?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :) You are so sweet!