Tuesday, April 12, 2011

12 Days of Easter // Easter Egg Wreath DIY

First Day of the 12 Days of Easter! I hope everyone's having a lovely day! :) This is going to be so much fun!

Hello! I'm Allison Kaye of Crafted Love. I'm so excited Lauren asked me to be a part of her 12 Days of Easter! Painting Easter eggs, hanging out with family, *hopefully* some nice weather, what could be better??? Oh yeah, and Easter egg wreath to spruce everything up! I'm here to show you how to make your very own wreath while not spending very much money!


All you'll need for this craft is a foam wreath, plastic Easter eggs, ribbon, and a hot glue gun with lots of hot glue sticks. I got all my supplies from my favorite craft store, Hobby Lobby. You'll need a ton of eggs. I used a smaller size and they came in packs of 15 I think. I used a total of 8 bags but they were only $0.75 a bag and they were also half off! Talk about major savings!


First, empty out all your eggs onto your workspace. Why? Because it will make it faster to grab eggs annnnd it just looks pretty :]



Start by gluing a ring of eggs onto the wreath. Don't worry if they don't fit perfectly, in the end you won't be able to tell. Turn the last few eggs sideways if you need to. 









Do this until you have all of the wreath covered. Don't worry about covering the back. It's a waste of eggs and will help the wreath lay flat on the door or where ever you decide to show off your creation.




With the eggs you have left, fill in anywhere you can still see the foam. Feel free to just use up the eggs or hide them throughout your house like I decided to do :]


Now it's time for the bow. Grab your ribbon and begin to fold it on itself. However long your folds are is how big your bow will be.





Cut the ends at an angle to make them nice and pretty. Then grab some thread or string and tie the bow in the middle so it stays gathered for you.




Cut a smaller piece of ribbon and fold it in half. Wrap it around the center and glue it at the back.




Cut another strip of ribbon and glue it around the top of the wreath. Not too tight that you can't get ribbon through it but not too loose either :]



Glue the bow on the wreath.

Thread one last piece of ribbon through the loop. You can adjust how much ribbon you need for however far you want the wreath to hang.


Tie a knot and hang it in our house! You now have an adorable Easter wreath for whatever gatherings you have at your house this holiday season :]

Thanks so much for having me! I wish everyone a very happy Easter! Feel free to drop by my little corner of the blogosphere and say hi! I love meeting new blog friends! Happy blogging!


-Allison Kaye


6 comments:

  1. ya know, the other day i was thinking "what could I do with all of these plastic eggs?" well, I think i found a solution :) thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow i really want to make this now!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easter is my favorite holiday and I think this craft would be perfect with some vintage colored eggs!
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words lauren, and now i am off to play around your blog!

    and this is too too adorable. i love crafts that evolve around little holidays and seasons.

    love,
    meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love it!! I did a wreath like this for christmas but with ornaments. So the plastic eggs are the perfect Easter version :)
    xx Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :) You are so sweet!