Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Making Chain Mail

Yesterday I attempted (and succeeded, I might add) to make a chain mail bracelet! I learnt a lot of things very quickly. 1. how do you even spell chain mail? Chain mail, chainmaille, chainmail? 2. don't use thick wire, you have a tough time and will have sore arms and hands the next day! 3. you need lots of jump rings, LOTS. 
 come along for the journey! :)
Instead of buying pre-made jump rings, I decided I would make my own. A rather time consuming process
yup i said "you're golden"
happy crafting everyone, hope you are all having a lovely day :)
♡Lauren

9 comments:

  1. Well, I'm partial to embroidery thread, but that said...I love the look of the blue in there. It pops so nicely with the copper.

    And I never would have thought making my own jump rings...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously awesome!!!!

    katrina from theyoungbridgetjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the blue copper combo so I'll have to vote yes to the thread. :) I wish I'm that crafty. Haha. I'm sure that bracelet can give any plain outfit an "Ooomph"

    --Amel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the thread looks great! Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I FOUND YOUR BLOG!!!!! Yes that required caps. I used to love your blog and for some reason blogger messed up on me and I had to refollow a bunch of blogs and I'm so glad I found it again. That bracelet is too cute and I wish I was that crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. woah, that must have taken a lot of time, esp. making your own jump rings.
    2. just stumbled upon your blog (coming from so--hi) and I love the look and the few pages of posts I've read, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's amazing! Now following x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :) You are so sweet!