Tuesday, August 16, 2011

thats SILLY!

Just a few days ago, I was walking around in a really expensive store try to get some inspiration of things to make. (bad, I know) When I came across this rediculous sign! 
At first I laughed, because I mean common, really? Then I made one of those "that's so silly/ you people are crazy" faces. Sitting on a bed is like one of the safest things you could do!!
So anyways all this got me thinking about what had to have happened, that made them put this sign up.
Here are my theorys:
1. The bed was so comfy and full of pillows it took an entire team to get someone out.
2. The bed was so full of pillows someone lied in it, then another person did the same, not seing the first persone because of all the pillows and the first person got crushed.
3. Someone went to jump on the bed, missed and landed face-first on the ground

What's your theory?
happy days,
Lauren


8 comments:

  1. hahaha This cracked me up! I'm gonna have to guess it's their way of making you second guess the situation and decide against sitting on the beds. There's probably nothing wrong with them. They're just being lazy cause they don't want to have to adjust the blankets to make them look pretty again after someone ruffles them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of times it's because it's not a real bed. Usually demo beds like this have a cardboard base (instead of a box spring) and an air mattress on top. It saves the retailer an insane amount of money instead of buying actual matress sets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's the third one. Every time I got to a store with beds, I can't help but lay on them, haha. I usually get in trouble though :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Heather- OH my gosh, I never thought of that! they probably are just too lazy to fix it, especially when they make them so nice and inviting!

    @Donna- you're so knowledgeable! I would have never guessed!

    @Mila- ahaha, I'm the same way, I just want to jump from one bed to the other! i get in trouble too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, how funny! i just popped over here from yellow bird, yellow beard and am glad i did. super cute site :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lauren,
    Just a quick note to say that the Cheer laundry detergent team loves your blog! We’d be pleased to have you join our blogger outreach program. If you’d be interested, please shoot me a quick email at Cheer And Catalyst@Gmail.com for more info.

    Best regards,
    Khara on behalf of P&G/Cheer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Donna. Many, many years ago, my grandmother once sat on a display for a quick rest in a store. Boy was she surprised when the bed crumpled under her! (And she's a classy lady, so it was a shocker) They save a lot of money not using real mattresses and such; also, ever notice how the beds are shorter than normal ones?

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha, genius theories, think i like number 3 the best! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :) You are so sweet!