Sunday, November 13, 2011

DIY: Old Sweater into New Leg Warmers!

As I'm sure we all know, winter is up on us whether you like it or not! So for this weeks DIY I wanted to combine my love for turning old things into new ones and as well as my love for fall / winter! The result? Some fabulously cute and warm leg warmers!
Also make sure to measure the length of your leg (how long you want your leg warmers) *Also add a few extra inches for seam allowance and so they aren't so tight!
You MUST sew with a zig zag stitch this prevents your material from fraying!
pretty simple right?! I'm quite pleased with how they turned out! happy crafting friends, hope you are all doing fabulous! 

14 comments:

  1. super cute! i've got some new short boots like yours, and i think they'd look pretty cute with legwarmers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea! They look so cute!
    ~Drew

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is WONDERFUL!!! Thank you so much for posting. So cute, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is BRILLIANT. I love sewing DIYs even though I have no idea how to sew... just because they look so legitimate! I would've never guessed that was once a sweater!
    <3 Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren, these are so cute! Love this!
    I featured this DIY on my blog here: http://punkprojects.blogspot.com/2011/11/make-it-monday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial!

    I love taking a huge sweater, remake the sleeves into leg warmers (like this tutorial) and save the rest of the sweater for a sleeveless dress with tights. I'm so excited it's finally cold enough for leg warmers!!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! Gonna make a pair in the near future for myself!
    http://creating-loveliness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :) You are so sweet!