Tuesday, May 15, 2012

RHUBARB WATER

Hello darling friends! :) I'm back and feeling more refreshed and motivated than ever! In case you were wondering where I've been for the past few weeks, I was relaxing! Blogging had been putting a lot of stress on me and I was putting way to much pressure on myself and I lost focus of why I love blogging! So anyways, I'm here sharing my new favorite drink for the summer, Rhubarb water! 
Here is the recipe, which is super simple and easy!

Ingredients
Rhubarb Water
  • pounds rhubarb, washed and cut into chunks
  • 3/4 
  • cup sugar
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon

DirectionsRhubarb Water
  1. Put the rhubarb in a bowl, pour over 4 cups/1 litre boiling water, cover, and leave at room temperature overnight. Next day, strain the liquid into a saucepan, discarding the rhubarb. Add the sugar and lemon juice, and bring to a boil 5 minutes. Cool. Taste and add more lemon juice if necessary. Strain into a bottle, and cork. Store refrigerated, to be served ice-cold.
Okay, so seriously, this is so delicious and I really encourage you to try it! :)

8 comments:

  1. This actually sounds really delicious, and it looks just like pink lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you back--I missed your posts. : )
    And I love rhubarb, so I definitely need to try this!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. this seems DELICIOUS!

    grace
    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous post, and btw LOOOOOVE the new layout, the background is PERFECT and I love the banner. lovely lovely lovely! Did you paint the background yourself?

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds super tasty! Welcome back Lauren! We missed ya!
    timefortea

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one water flavor I would not have expected, but will have to try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :) You are so sweet!