Sunday, June 3, 2012

DIY // 3 Ways to Jazz Up Your Mugs

 A happy Sunday to you! :) I'm sad to say that it was a gloomy day today, but I'm not the least bit sad to say that I spent the afternoon drinking tea out of these pretty mugs I decorated! And to think all it took was some porcelain paint! Pretty right?
 Materials: Mugs, Porcelain Paint, Pencil, Paintbrush and some Tape!
 Style One: Using your paintbrush simply make a "U" shape over and over, connecting each one! 
 Style Two: This style is great for writing words, especially if your not a naturally born painter like moi! Simply dip your pencil in the paint and write away!
Style Three: This style reminds me of a mug you'd find in an artists house! Tape some sections off and take your paintbrush and paint all over! Then take the paint off and voila...masterpiece!

*For all of these you'll need to bake them according to your paints directions!

8 comments:

  1. these are such cute ideas! i love mugs and these are great ways to personalize them! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these ideas and totally plan on doing something like this ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! :) Let me know how it all goes!

      Delete
  3. Oh love this! Must pin it! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that third one! This would be such a great project to do if I ever redesigned my to-be kitchen. I could just buy white mugs at the dollar store and make them how I want them! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally would, it'd be so much cheaper too! :)

      Delete
  5. I love the ocean waves one! :) Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea, these mugs really looks so special! I'll have to go to Ikea to buy some white mugs and try this out.

    http://www.tamarasblend.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :) You are so sweet!