Monday, July 9, 2012

Spiced Maple Iced Tea

 I have to say, drinks are definitely one of my favorite parts of summer! There is nothing like sitting out on a hot day with a cold drink in hand! mmm. During Christmas I love drinking apple cider, and this Maple Spiced Iced Tea is totally the Summer equivalent. And besides, we all love tea right? :) Give it a try!
 Adapted from the recipe here.

  • 6 tsp loose leaf green tea.
  • 5 or 6 Whole Star Anise
  • 2 Lemons sliced.
  • 6 Cups Water
  • Lots of Ice
  1. Put water in pot and bring to a boil
  2. Turn heat off and add green tea, star anise and one of the sliced lemons.
  3. Let sit until warm/cool
  4. Add to pretty pitcher with ice and the slices from the second lemon.

I'm off to go eat some watermelon gazpacho and sip on this delicious iced tea! Hope you're all having a lovely day!

10 comments:

  1. I never heard about this drink, I like alot lemonade
    so thanks for sharing, looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is perfect for really humid afternoons. :)

    A Hint of Sunlight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuuum!! This is so funny cause I took photos for a smoothie post today! Hahaha :) Great minds think alike my friend, and so do ours. Hehehehe.

    xoxo
    Janee
    www.yellowbirdyellowbeard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds soooo good!! And I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, that looks so delicious!
    I really like your yellow pitcher by the way. Very cute. :)
    ♥ xixia | thisisxixia.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this sounds BEYOND perfect!

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh this sounds scrumptious! Must try!!

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that looks SO delicious!

    xo
    Melissa @ Melicious

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :) You are so sweet!