Sunday, February 17, 2013

DIY // Messy Sock Bun

Morning! :) Its no secret that I have quite a bit of hair, and thick hair at that! I loooovveee putting it into a messy bun but honestly sometimes the perfect messy bun is hit and miss, mostly miss! I thought I'd give the famous ol' sock bun a try but that was a miss too! I have wayyy too much hair and too many layers to keep it all in. So, I came up with another way that I think is much cuter, slightly artsy and messy and works every time! Here it is! Happy Sunday!
ONE: start with curly or straight hair. TWO: using an elastic tie your hair into a pretty high ponytail. THREE: grab your sock! If you don't know how to make one, check this out. FOUR: put ponytail through your sock bun and spread your hair all around the sock evenly. FIVE: grab your hair at the base of your ponytail with one hand and with the other take the end of your hair and wrap it around the base of your sock, securing with an elastic. SIX: tug and pull at your hair to give it some more volume and make it a bit messier. If you have lose ends, tuck them into the elastic or bobby pin them down. VOILA!

7 comments:

  1. It looks great, my hair isn't long enough to pull this off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly how I do my sock buns too! I have way too many layers to have it all in a chic sock bun, so I go for the messy look. Your hair is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute! i'd like to try this but i just feel like my hair isn't thick enough, you'd totally be able to see the sock!

    -katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey doll! Your 'check this out' on number 3 doesn't work. <3

    This is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a great idea! Im gonna have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I LOVE this! And I totally feel ya on the hit-or-miss messy bun... I have crazy long and thick hair myself, and am definitely going to give this a try! ;)
    ♥♥Monica
    monmakesthings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :) You are so sweet!