Saturday, May 4, 2013

Beet and Carrot Chips! (made in the microwave!!)

If you ask me, this is by far the best thing invented since sliced bread. Granted, I wasn't around for the revelation of sliced bread, so I'm not one to make any kind of conclusions. BUT, from what I've heard it was awesome. :) So I'd have to say that taking a small thinly sliced potato or root veggie, putting them in the microwave for a few seconds and having them turn into delicious and super crispy chips is nothing short of a miracle. But that's just me! :) I've been making microwave potato chips for a few years now and I love them, but I wanted to try something else! So I took some carrots and beets and turned those into chips too! Just call me the chip lady. You are welcome! :)
 You should probably do this with a few test ones in the microwave to get the perfect system going as well! I remember when I first tried these, one chip started to spark. I almost lost it. 
Anyways, happy Saturday to ya!

8 comments:

  1. These are a miracle! My first thought was "mm, carrot chips sound gooood" then I see the world microwave and there's no way I can not make these!!

    X
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are officially a genius. These are going to be my saving grace. Thank you! xEloise

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an absolutely genius idea! Thanks so much for sharing, going to give these a try tomorrow! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awsome!I'm gonna try to make this next week.This is gonna be a life saver for my snack time. Thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an easy snack! Where have you been all my life?

    Vanessa {Found & Kept}

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg doing this in the microwave?! never would have thought of it! thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I never knew that putting a veggie like this into the microwave would give you crispy chips!! You learn something new everyday I guess :) Thanks for sharing!

    -- Mary
    maryjozefiak.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spourts stores sell carrot chips at $3/bag so these are much cheaper. I like the carrot and sweet potato chips. I make them for dog snacks; my dogs LOVE them! And they're much cheaper (and healthier) than those commercial natural dog snacks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :) You are so sweet!