Sunday, June 2, 2013

DIY // Rustic Food Photography Backdrops

Food photography, as of late, has become one of my favorite things to do! I love creating some delicious food and then figuring out new ways to photograph it and make it look oh-so-tasty! Buying new props is always so fun, but my latest adventure is in making some pretty wooden backdrops, here's how I did it in two easy steps!
 You'll Need: Wood, sponge brush, some paint and sandpaper (I used the fine stuff)
 Step One: Paint your board! I used a mix of blue and white to get some contrast. Let it dry completely. Once that side is dry, you can paint the other side! I chose to do a light coat of white.
Step Two: Once its dry, give it a good sandpaper treatment all over and in more areas than others to create a bit of a vintage, worn out look!
Then take super pretty photos of food and marvel at your new backdrop!

16 comments:

  1. lovely!
    I would love to know some food photography tips. On the angles, lighting, etc.. :D
    www.loveandelegance.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius! What a great backdrop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that turquoise colour - so perfect for photos!
    Thanks for sharing!

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this so much I am trying to take better pics so you know I have to try this , thanks for sharing.

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! I'm usually at a loss for creative props and tend to hunt through charity shops to find things rustic and unusual, and I never thought of DIY. I' going to give it a go!
    x eva
    www.elm-evamarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've made backdrops like this before, but te blue and texture of this one is just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are brilliant. I love this! :)

    xo. Mandy
    www.missindieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES. I have been making lots of food lately, and a backdrop is just what I need to make my photos better! Thanks for sharing!

    Thanks for visiting Infinite Style!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/InfiniteStyleShop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty color for a backdrop-I'd like it on my wall :)
    Jana@333 Days of Hand Lettering

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect timing! We just took our fence down and I'm waiting for my husband to build me several table tops for my website. Now I know how to paint them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a good idea! I've got so many bright colours around my house and it's always such a mess that can never find a background which can make the item/food pop! I'll be creating these very soon though! Thank you!

    Kate, xoxo
    http://kateliveswell.blogspot.com

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a pretty awesome idea! Love the blue and green together :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious...
    Photography Backdrops

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with your blog and i will be back to check it more in the future so please keep up your work. michael kors outleti love your content & the way that you write.
    collapsible backdrops

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :) You are so sweet!